Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Grandpa

I decided to participate in the Wordful Wednesday today that
Angie
is having. Click her blog button to check it out!










My Grandma Jerry got sick three years ago before Thanksgiving. I was pregnant with D at the time and we were all naive and thought it was her Gall Bladder and would be a quick fix! Boy was I ever wrong. Grandma was later diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. She got so sick and kept a smile on her face despite. She passed away in January before D was born in March. I like to think that they met in Heaven when Grandma got their and before D was born. D acquired alot of the little quirks that Grandma had!
This of course is a picture of H and I like to think that she also hung out with Grandma before she was born. H even more than D shows ALOT of my Grandmas characteristics. The main one being that she is ALWAYS so smiley!! Even if she is crying, she will stop, sob, smile and then continue to cry!!
This picture of my Grandpa Jim holding H really doesn't need any words. You can see the love he has for her already. You can also see how he wishes his wife, my grandmother was there to see her and love her!


2 What's On Your Mind:

Letti said...

What a sweet tribute. I know taht they met in heaven. I love this picture too.

Naomi Ockeman said...

beautiful!
just a great story to document, hope you transfer that over to a scrapbook.

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers