Friday, October 17, 2008

Garage Sales

Before bed last night I 'googled' to see if there were any garage sales in the area today. Only two popped up and I was a little disappointed to say the least. I was debating when I woke up this morning if I would go or not after I got back from taking the girls to school. I thought back and forth on it for an hour and then finally decided just to go.

Honestly, I don't even know when the last time was that I have been to a garage sale? I have nothing against garage sales. What I think the whole deal is..is this....the few in my life that I have been too...I have never found anything I needed. Or even really wanted for that matter. My house was already filled up. I just didn't want to add to it. Now here is where things change. Since I have been blogging, I've come across a lot of really nice blogs where the ladies are finding other peoples junk and turning them into some really nice treasures!!!!

I took D and H with me this morning and talk about some real troopers!! We were out for 2 1/2 hours and hit 8 sales. I know that's not a lot, but they were kinda spread out and not a lot was going on. It's probably better that I am getting started so late in the season!!
The first place we went to had ALOT!! But in my opinion, it was also way over priced. There were a couple of pieces of furniture I would have liked to have but I didn't have the change for that. I did find a jackpot when it came to these frames! My intentions today were finding frames that needed to be painted, but I think I'm going to end up leaving most of these the way they are. The wooden one with the brushed silver was still in the bubble wrap in the box.
They were .50 cents each. For a subtotal of..............

$3.50


Next stop was a little garage sale that I almost didn't stop at. They didn't have much but I came across this tray. It is nasty dirty but I have a SUPER plan in the works for this baby!! When I say nasty dirty I mean nasty dirty!!! When I got everyone buckled back up and ready to head off down the road I could smell something 'strange' in the car.....it was the tray!!!! YIKES!!! The man wanted $1.50 for it, but I talked him down to a $1.



Running Total: $4.50


My next stop was AWESOME!! (as a little side note: I know this is my first garage sale day. I know there are probably way better bargains out there. But I am so freaking excited about what I have found!!!)


This is everything I found for $2.60!! How cool is that???

Running total: $7.10

The next 3 stops nothing interested me. I can't actually say that. I saw some things but they weren't anything I JUST HAD TO HAVE!!!

Then I happened to drive by the next one because I was lost and didn't know how to get back to the main road! oops!!

This little gem only cost $2.00. I have some big plans going on in my mind for this also!! It's actually pretty sturdy!!




Running Total: $9.10

Dakoda was dying for lunch and an ice cream. I kept telling her, 'Mommy has to make just one more stop. And then we will get your ice cream.' Poor thing, she sure was a trooper!! So I gave in and got her a corn dog and ice cream and then went to the next stop!


I found a couple of things I liked, but once again they were a little on the pricey side. ( I was out for deals today!) So, I ended up with this!! Honestly? Who can pass up a good book for $1? There's 4 stories in it and I haven't read them yet. AND I really like Janette Oake. She's one of my fave's!!




Then, I stopped in at Hobby Lobby. I mean, who can resist? I was that way anyway. I gave myself $20 today. I might as well use it all!! Right? I know, I'm dangerous that way!!


This is what I found. I need a place for the kiddos to put their backpacks when they come home from school so they are easy to grab when we run out the door in the mornings! So I am going to hang these in the entry way when I find a mirror to go above them. And hopefully a bench or some cute little chairs to go below! Total: $10.00


GRAND TOTAL: $ 20.10


Who doesn't keep 10 cents in their wallet for this exact moment!! ( Or have to borrow it from their 2 year old because you let them have mommy's change??)

I am very optimistic about getting alot if not all of these projects done this weekend. I have too. My in-laws are coming down next weekend so I will die if I have to wait until the weekend after that!!!

I can't wait to show you what I've done!!!

2 What's On Your Mind:

julie & joe said...

Hey, I have those little girl patterns in my pattern drawer! I acquired them from my mom's drawer and she got them from a friend. They are super cute! I am going to post my first tassel tonight. I also have my eye on a super cute dresser on Fourstates home page that I think I am going to call on later tonight. They only want $10 for it.

Decor To Adore said...

Great deals@

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers