Monday, October 13, 2008

Possom's Birthday!

On Friday the 10th my 2nd daughter whom I dearly love, but butt heads with constitently turned 6 years old. She has been waiting a long time for this!! I reflected on the day and what I was doing 6 years ago. Talk about being young and dumb!! I drove around with my 15 month old for 4 hours while I was having some pretty good contractions!! When we finally realized we better go to the hospital, we were only there 2 1/2 hours before she made her screaming entrance into the world.

I know this sounds horrible and I'm sure you wonder how anyone can feel this way. But I didn't really like her when she was first born. I know that is a horrible thing. That's probably not the way I really meant it. More of it was that I didn't bond with her right away. It took me almost 2 years to get over that. Looking back I do know I had postpartum depression. I was never diagnosed with that, because I was in denial and anytime the Dr. would ask me a question I would say I was fine.


I love her so much now!! Correction: I have always LOVED her. Now we are close and I am so glad she is my daughter.


She wanted to have a birthday party and invite ALL her little friends from kinder. ALL 21 OF THEM!! Now, I was not going to tell her should could not invite anyone. That would be rude! Even though I was wondering how I was going to pay for all the little goodies that have to go into those goody bags! So I decided to shave off some cost by making her birthday cake for her!! I always have these GRAND ideas that end up screwing me over somehow. But I was determined!! Of all things she wanted a Guitar cake! Because of course it had to be a Hannah Montana party!! Luckily I had seen an episode of Amazing Cakes or something, so I figured I could do this!

My BF gave me the idea to use Fondant. I have never used Fondant, had never planned on using Fondant. But I used Fondant!!! I am now a Lover of Fondant!!!!!! I have a box of it in my cabinet right now, just waiting for me!!!!


Surprisingly enough the cake only took me about 3 hours to decorate, now that didn't include baking time, but why add that. That would only depress me!!!

Here's the cake at her party!!

2 What's On Your Mind:

julie & joe said...

It looks great! Her b-day is the same day as my Dad's. How did I not know that already?

Tina Butler said...

That was a beautiful cake. You did a great job!!!

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers